On January 13, CAHO co-hosted a tweet chat with the ever-insightful #hcsmca community. With 130 participants and nearly 2000 tweets, we gained a lot of insight about patient engagement and research. We asked four (and a half) questions on our chat, and received some powerful responses. See examples below, or check out our Storify summary of the conversation here.
- T1. Why does health research matter to you?
- T1b. What impact has health research had on your care experience?
- T2. How can the patient voice support, improve or empower health research?
- T3. How can social media tools break down barriers between research and patients?
- T4. What kind of research information are you looking for on social media?
What would you have said in response to our questions? If you missed the chat, we encourage you to share your insights using our campaign hashtag, #onHWS.
Thanks to all who joined us on January 13! Stay tuned to #onHWS for more health research news and stories, and follow our new Patients + Research blog right here on our Healthier, Wealthier, Smarter website. If you’d like to contribute to the Patients + Research blog, email firstname.lastname@example.org.